Sunday, August 1, 2010

Last Game As A Little Puma: Saying Goodbye



Yesterday marked my last day as a Little Puma (hopefully not forever). It was a pretty sad day. The Little Pumas have become a part of the experience of Minute Maid Park. People were constantly taking pictures or coming up to us to talk about Lance Berkman. Of course there were those who never knew what we were dressed up as or why we would dress up. While dressed up people told us we were : tigers, lions, wallabes, kangaroos etc. I never quite understood why people thought we were tigers, our suits don't have stripes. Once people heard the full story behind who we were, I definitely think they appreciated us a little more. As soon as the news hit that Berkman was OFFICIALLY traded and that it was our last game to be dressed up, people were coming up to us thanking us, sharing their favorite memories of us..It was great. With the people coming up to us with nothing but kind words and well wishes, that really helped make it a little less sad. I remember the first time I ever saw The Little Pumas at an Astros game. I found out they represented and cheered on Lance Berkman "The Big Puma". I knew I would love to be one of them but I was way too nervous to ask them if I could join. Instead I lurked their website for awhile before asking the creator of the LP's (Bubba) if I could join. He said yes and the rest is history..I am so glad and thankful to have been a part of something so great and fun. I have nothing but well wishes for Lance as a New York Yankee. I am thankful that Houston had such a great player. He will always be a highly respectable baseball player. Thank you Lance.

No comments:

Post a Comment